Sunday 26 September 2010

Greed: Part II

“You are sentenced to 5 years rigorous imprisonment under charges of felony and another 3 years for embezzlement...” The judge smashed the mallet on the table three times.

It was like hammering a nail into my head. Just a week back I was the king. I helped create wealth for others, and I made more than a bit on the side. I was respected, even feared. Some called me the messiah... some called me a shark. But either way, I loved it. A nice, plush home on Long Island. A dumb blonde who didn’t ask questions as long as she got what she wanted...

Until I bit off more than I could chew.

It all started with that rumour. I thought I could pull down one of the world’s largest conglomerates. Everyone hedged their bets. I set the rumour rolling and we were all waiting for a big, fat prize.

Unfortunately, I had a rat in the team. He and my rival quashed the rumour and gave us up. And I was sentenced to 8 years for trying to create some prosperity. Instead, I am now rotting in hell.

But don’t you even think for a moment that I’m going to give up... I’m not. Jail time has given me a lot of time to think... and now, I’ve made up my mind.

Part III coming soon...

No comments: